Thursday, April 30, 2015

this essay though?

     What are we working on in  English? We are working on an essay that is on a very sensitive topic. The essay is on how in A Midsummer Night's Dream how gender plays a major role in the story. It shows how women are being under represented during the Shakespearean era. It was really interesting to find out that many of the roles women play was acted out by men. Gender is a major issue across the world.
     In A Midnight Summer's Dream expose the concept of parents choosing who the women should marry. For example, Hermia was almost forced to marry a man she did not love just because her father threatened her.
     If I was in Hermia's situation, I would really have to run away or something. I would refuse to marry a man that I do not love. If I had to choose between my father's love and a man I do not love.... Daddy you got to go. I love you,... but you have to go. You cannot mess up my life, and then be okay with me not being happy. I'm so happy that times have changed because I love the fact that I can make my own decisions and mistakes to learn from them in the best way possible.

4 comments:

  1. I think this essay is pointless. I feel as though we should've written about what we learned and took back from W.T being in the class with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this essay will be beneficial for us. We will be able to collect information on how life has change in about gender roles that happen today that we don't notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not in this class, however, Malik K, was having trouble with this essay and was asking me for help. I believe that this is a very difficult essay to write about because the Shakespearean era was way before our time, so it will take additional research to find out the traditions of the people in this era.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She did run away!

    ReplyDelete